Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dear Family and Friends~ Welcome to our home. We wanted to try something new and feel we are saving our planet at the same time. Well OK, maybe just trying something new. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a family letter or a family blog this year. I guess the family blog won or should I say Chet won. So I will do my best to make this as entertaining as I can.
I asked my family what I should write and they told me it had been an awful year. So I guess that is our starting point. My husband is crazy after being hit by a tree. I pray that I will have my old Chet back soon. He says he is here. Ask me and I will tell you the truth.
After surviving the tree we had all our family with us for 18 days in July. We had 17+ people at any given time. We are so thankful that almost everyone knew how to do dishes! I would have put a picture on here, but my computer and my brain were not working together. Chet just rolls his eyes.

Chet's car has a few more dents in it now. I have officially added to them. I thought I would pay Chet back for him putting a new dent in mine while backing into our neighbor. I won't go into detail because it is just too embarrassing. The power people even laughed at me.
Halloween brought a lot of fun. We realized our children are very creative. We had a pumpkin that was throwing up and one that was Aang the avatar. Chrys had a really bad green jumpsuit costume that I will never publish the pictures. James ended up having three. The last one had long dreadlocks.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. Our Turkey was frozen and we found two small ones just in time. Also I didn't burn the gravy this year. We had 20 people over to eat till we couldn't move. Thank goodness for paper plates and bowls. Plastic cups and older children who do the dishes. My Dad found out he was cancer free after chemo treatments that really sucked. That was a happy birthday for my Mom!
Now we come to December. We started with the Relief Society coming over for good music, food and girl talk. It was a great way to start off the holiday season. We have four trees because you can never have too many. We have gobs of lights because you just have to have gobs of lights. James is counting how many presents are under the tree and how many birthday presents there are too. It is half way through the month and I still don't have my Christmas cards out, but that is not a surprise. Chet says that is sad, but I don't see him helping.
Chet says now I need to finish this with a spiritual message. I am very thankful most days for my family. Chet didn't like that. OK. I am very thankful for my family. I am thankful for my friends. It has been a different year. It has taught me a lot in leaning on the Lord and the people around me. It's Christmas. I love Christmas. I am thankful for the Savior and his love.
Chet is done and so am I. I hope that this season finds all of you well and happy. We love you all!!!

Love~ Chet, Wendy, Nate, Chrys and James

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you guys! I love the blog idea. Your home looks so beautiful and inviting. Have a wonderful holiday season and I hope many good things come your way next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always did know how to decorate for Christmas! You are a terrific example to me. I am sad that the year was hard. But I am glad there were some bright spots. Love you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we can do is hope for a better 2010. Sometimes it's ok to vent. In fact, it makes things much better in the long run. I have become the venting queen. Besides, you're the mom. If you were just happy and "stress free"(Which doesn't exist, it's a myth) during this month in the year,then at least I would wonder if you were ok. You're doing great and Chet is great and your kids are great. What more could you ask for?

    I hope you and yours have a great and wonderful Christmas. Your house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete